sunset over a friend's house. thanks to the nyc pollution, sunsets on LI are quite lovely.
croquet anyone? as it turns out, i am no better at croquet than i was in high school. and the yard we play in is about as bumpy as my yard was in iowa..which is eeeeh. usually a straight shot will go awry when the ball falls into a divot or hits a weird mound of grass. then again, a horrendous shot can be unintentionally corrected by an unseen lump.
mmm banana cookies. so easy and so delicious. i am 95% sure i got the recipe from a hannah swensen mystery and halved or quartered the recipe for a more manageable size. and i use chocolate chips instead of pecans.
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 C sugar
2-3 small overripe bananas
2 teas baking soda
1/2 teas salt
2 C flour
1-2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C sugar [separated]
- melt butter, mix in sugar, egg, baking soda, and salt
- mash bananas, stir into butter mixture
- slowly add flour, scraping sides and bottom of bowl to avoid chunks
- add chocolate chips to preference
- refrigerate dough 2-4 hours
- scoop walnut sized balls of dough and coat in sugar
- bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 for 10 min or until lightly golden and flattened slightly
- cool 2 min on cookie sheet and transfer to rack