- fabric: heavy ponte knit
- pattern: simplicity/new look S0446 - apparently doesnt exist anymore
- view: c
- thoughts: very small neck hole, baaarely dress length, good fit across shoulders/back
- fabric: super slippery jersey knit
- pattern: simplicity/new look S0712 - also must be old
- view: front b, back d, sans sleeves
- thoughts: tolerable neck hole, good fit at armscyes, only a tunic if its not windy
- fabric: light jersey knit
- pattern: butterick/see & sew B6118
- view: b with 3/4 sleeves
- thoughts: good overall fit, not too drapey cowl neck, definitely a shirt
my last pattern to use is a faux wrap dress. it uses a bit more than the 2 yards of each fabric that i bought, but my fabric squirreling tendencies [as noted above] allow that i have atleast 5 other knits in my sewing room waiting to be unearthed.
a last quickie sewing... i got suckered into pbs' downton abbey sales and bought a couple shirts and a canvas bag with bells printed on it. the shirts were like $5 and the women's sizes were sold out, so what is a girl to do? buy men's larges and hack away. the "heir today" is sold out now, but there is a similar "receding heir line" available. also, i bought a "free bates" shirt which has been cut into a muscle tee of sorts. i may or may not wear it around the house... often.